Tuesday, June 16, 2009

First Swim of the Year!

After yesterday's disgusting battle with the bloated rat, and the subsequent midnight run to the grocery store to buy 5 gallons of bleach and a box of Borax, the pool is in wonderful shape this evening. 84 degrees F and sweet, sweet water (feels lovely when the pH is up) ...

Through the magic of the tripod, I was able to catch the first swim of the year on digital film ... of course, it was very late and there was not much light, so I had to push ISO to 1600, but anything that adds a little masking to the gargoyle is a good thing ...


I actually restarted the heater in celebration of the swim and there is nothing quite like hot water pouring from the vents as I lap the pool from end to end ... so pleasant. And then the phone rang ...


For those without a pool on a very hot day ... just think of the rat I had to fish out ... and I'll be thinking of you as I jump in between flips of the steaks :-)

No comments: