Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Q: How Many Mennonites Does it Take to Change a Light Bulb?

A: Light bulb?

Anyway, I made the world's best soup again a few days ago and this time I loaded 'er up with tons of goodies ... a can of chicken broth for the salt, 5 star anise seed, at least 8 or 10 bay leaves, two big handfuls of parsely, two cinnamon sticks, and I'd bet nearly 50 peppercorns in the little tea ball. Oh yeah ... a chopped onion.


I left that on the stove for 3.5 hours and the broth came out stunning ... very dark and rich.

I served myself a heaping bowl of thos elovely Traditional German Egg Noodles, lots of chicken that falls off the bone, and of course some butter and pepper. Mmmmmmm ....


And when I was done, I saved myself a whack of servings ... the three small ones are gone and I have half the less filled big one and the entire full big one in the freezer. Ah yeah ...

No comments: