Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Time to buy a lottery ticket?

I have two cars, both pretty old … 2001 and 1998 (in case you thought I was rolling in it :-)

Nick drives the HMS Lumina (named for its size) and I drive the CRV (also known as the girly car … but go ahead and laugh as I drive by you in deep snow.)

So what are the odds that Nick would get a speeding ticket and I would get the same speeding ticket with the other car within 24 hours?

Why … 100% of course.

I was dropping Jon at the bus terminal this morning (on my lunch break actually) and got nailed for 25 over … yesterday, Nick got nailed at about the same time of day for 26 over. In both cases, the inherent Canadian tendency to politeness and admitting our faults worked to get the infraction knocked down to 15 over … which eliminates points on the icense etc.

But I really should buy a lottery ticket … lightning so rarely strikes twice …

2 comments:

crazy football mom said...

Sounds like the Griswold Effect to me! Alex just about got creamed today while behind a semi who jack-knifed whilst trying to break at the stop sign @ King Edward & Inkster (aka skating rink...Wpg does such a lovely job of salting/sanding the roads...not :-) He was able to go onto the shoulder to avoid becoming a 'semi sammich'.Thank Bob! So, be careful out there...lightning does strike twice, especially when you're a Letkeman...or a Dowbeta...or an Innes :-)

Kim Letkeman said...

Glad to here that he's alright ... the roads do get skating rink icy there sometimes ...