Sunday, July 4, 2010

Wascilly Wabbit – D700

I got home the other evening just before 8pm and it was getting dark. As I walked up my front walkway, I noticed a rabbit munching away on my lawn. I thought this was way cool, so I went into the house and grabbed my D700 and the 70-300VR and walked out onto my porch from where I shot a number of images of this fella.

He just sat there munching … once in a while raising his head to look around. I hot many shots, but only processed those that gave a mildly interesting perspective on the creature.

As mentioned, it was getting dark. To get decent shutter speeds, I was forced to shoot at 5000 ISO. And even then I was getting very slow shutter … 1/50s is very low when trying to capture 300mm images …

 DSC_3865_wabbit[1]

I got tired of seeing blur so I doubled the ISO to 10000 … and the images got somewhat crisper. Of course, there is grain in the images, but I’d rather deal with that (ACR6 makes it pretty easy) than fight blur. Blur always wins …

DSC_3869_wabbit[1]

Ok, get ready for this next one. The odds of catching it were not high … I only noticed it as I was processing. He stuck his tongue out for a moment …

 DSC_3872_wabbit_tongue[1]

And then he left …

DSC_3882_wabbit_leaving[1]

No comments: