Saturday, September 8, 2012

View EXIF data in Chrome …

I have been using Chrome as my main browser for a while now. I tend to find it has the best overall performance and I like the extensions and new tab behavior.

I like to look at EXIF info for images and I like a very complete display. The extension I found that does this best is called Jeffrey's Exif viewer.

image

image

You see here only a tiny portion of the information this extension can display. It shows everything that is in the file, which is very useful. But … it has had this really annoying problem for many months now, and the author seems to have vanished. That being that it often works only once, and then the context menu item vanishes. The way I found to get it back was to open tools->extensions and disable and enable it in quick fashion. Then it worked again … once.

Luckily, today I noticed that someone has recently posted the fix in the reviews section, and now I can heartily recommend the extension. Try it out, and apply this fix. It is so much nicer now …

image