Saturday, March 9, 2013

ORACLE – SCUMfest part deux! (If only it were just two …)

I’ve complained about ORACLE and the Ask toolbar ad nauseum. Java installed another patch today on a VM and I narrowly escaped the dreaded Ask Toolbar Virus installation, backing up and unchecking it. It appears to have respected that.

Then after many hours, it popped up under several layers of windows on my laptop and I accidentally said go ahead without reading it, remembering at the last minute that Ask was going to install.

So I cancelled it and it hung. I was really worried that it was installing the dreaded Ask Toolbar Virus against my wishes (remember, it is still the default to install it) so I clicked the dismiss corner box. And again. And again. And so on. And so forth. Finally, I was about to look for the process in performance monitor when it vanished.

Whew, I thought.

But a moment later … this popped up.

image

FOR FUCK’S SAKE, ORACLE … WOULD YOU DO US THE FAVOUR ALREADY OF STOPPING THIS CAMPAIGN OF TERROR! MY MACHINE NEEDS NO HELP FROM YOU TO DESCEND INTO HELL EVERY COUPLE OF MONTHS!