Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Adobe Creative Cloud for Photographers – Photoshop CC and Lightroom CC for 10 bucks a month – my first stitched image …

Well, I’ve been toying with this for months and finally bit the bullet. Lightroom 6 looked pretty good with a really nice stitching feature and I’ve wanted to get access to the newer and improved content aware fill, so I figured what the heck. I can always go back by purchasing the stand alone Lightroom 6 and dropping back to Photoshop CS5 if I decide it’s not worth while.

So my first use of it was to take a group of 8 images that I shot previously just for stitching (prescient, or more likely goading) and to run the very simple stitching facility.

image

That brings up this dialog:

image

Which works just great, leaving you with this result:

 

P1030891-Pano_DMC-G6_100 mm_ISO 160_1-500 sec at f - 7.1-3

And after cropping that image, you are left with:

image

Note the size … even after cropping, it is 10420x4614, or 48mp … which is a lot. Smile

Here is a pointer to the 1920 wide version in my gallery:

I’m pretty satisfied with that result after only a few clicks …

So far I am pretty impressed with CC for Photographers …